After installing the roof, no one expects it to get damaged all of a sudden. You might walk beside your home and find a shingle that is pushed out by the wind and destroyed. Sometimes you will be lucky to find the damages on your roof by walking beside your home on the lawn. It is however not the case always. If you do not take proper care, you might not identify the damage until after some time.
Wind Can Damage Your Roof
You need to understand that wind does not flow uniformly on your roof. The pressure from the wind mainly affects the edges and the perimeter more than on the center of the roof. It is as per the report as prepared by the NRCA (National Roofing Contractors Association). While it is not one time wind that causes the damage. When the roof is hit by the pressure of the wind several times, it can get damaged.
Ways to Avoid the Damages: One of the best ways to prevent damages to the roof is by inspecting it right after a storm. We can help stop as well as fix the issue before it worsens.
We can do the following checks:
- Check if there are any missing tabs as well as shingles. If we find there are missing shingles, it is a confirmation that wind did cause the damage.
- We also check if the shingles are curved or compressed. Also, notice if any of them have cracks.
- Check to be certain that there are no damages at the corners as it can pave the way for water seepage.
Trees Can Damage Your Roof
One more issue that your roof faces is the trees that fall on them because of storms or other extreme weather conditions. Apart from it, tree limbs that are closer to the edges of your roof can be a threat. If they rub too much, it can destroy the outer protective coating, or if they just fall into the gutter system, it can lead to water seepage. They can also cause animals to create their abode providing them random access to your beautiful house. As per an estimate was done by the National Storm Damage Center, around one billion dollars’ worth of property damage is caused by falling trees.
Do This to Prevent:
We can do the following to avoid these problems:
- Take an inventory of the trees that are around your house.
- Cut or trim the trees that are growing above your roof or coming closer to your roof.
- Take photos of the damages caused and receipt for things purchased to fix these issues as they can be helpful when claiming the insurance.
Working on roofs is quite dangerous, and you need expert opinion and inspection to fix the issues if found. You need proper gear and safety equipment before you climb the roof. If you have no idea of how to do it, don’t worry. We are experts in both installing new roofs and also in repairing the damaged ones. We are ready to assist you in solving these issues at an affordable price.